Cone Beam Computed Techology
What is Cone Beam Computed Technology?
CBCT is a relatively new imaging technology that generates 3D scans which are limited to the cranio-facial region and allows the clinician to optimally plan and accurately execute the treatment plan. With imaging software the data may be reconstructed to render 3D views that can be manipulated to show different angles, varying depths and thicknesses, and be selected for certain tissue. The radiation dose is much lower than that needed for a conventional CT or a full series of digital radiographs.
The Cranio-Imaging Scanner at the rooms of Dr Johan Pretorius is the only one in the immediate Table View area and surrounds. Dr Pretorius is extending the use of this equipment to other specialists in addition to using it for his own periodontal practice.
CBCT Applications Include:
- Implantology / maxillofacial surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Sinus & Airway Studies (ENT’s)
For the Patient
- Having your cranio-imaging done at Dr Pretorius’s rooms is far more cost effective than having it done at a hospital
- Check with you Medical Aid how much will be covered for the procedure – either in full or a portion of it
- Enquire with us regarding the fee structure
Call The Office
021 556 6524
Unit 8, Aska House, Village Walk
Link Road, Parklands